The Falcons made Bijan Robinson the highest-drafted running back since Saquon Barkley went 2nd overall in 2018.
Atlanta has received a ton of flack for the selection, but the regime is tuning it out. They’re excited about their new offensive weapon and likely eager to get into the Xs and Os, but first, the two sides had to agree to his rookie deal.
According to Ian Rapoport, the Falcons have inked Bijan Robinson to a four-year, $21.96 million contract that is fully guaranteed and also includes a fifth-year option.
Sources: The #Falcons and RB Bijan Robinson have agreed to terms on his four-year, $21.96M rookie contract that is fully guaranteed and also includes a fifth-year option. The No. 8 pick is signing now, as another Top 10 selection is locked in. pic.twitter.com/Lyai4hH7FE
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) May 11, 2023
This is spot on to the projected deal from Joel Corry, who estimated the deal would be worth $21.958 million.
That would pay Robinson around $5.5 million per season and would put him just outside the top 10 running back salaries in terms of AAV. Corry also noted that Robinson should garner almost $13 million in a signing bonus.
Here is the list of players and their AAV above the Falcons’ rookie:
- Christian McCaffrey: $16 million per year
- Alvin Kamara: $15 million
- Dalvin Cook: $12.6 million
- Derrick Henry: $12.5 million
- Nick Chubb: $12.2 million
- Joe Mixon: $12 million
- Aaron Jones: $11.5 million
- Saquon Barkley: $10.09 million
- Josh Jacobs: $10.09 million
- Tony Pollard: $10.09 million
- James Connor: $7 million
- Miles Sanders: $6.35 million
- Austin Ekeler: $6.125 million
- David Montgomery: $6 million
Congratulations to the Falcons and Bijan Robinson, who is probably realizing a lifelong dream.
You must log in to post a comment.