Falcons fans have a lot to pay attention to within the organization — a new coach, two new systems, a bevy of position battles on both sides of the ball, etc. But if you haven’t been paying attention to the division rival New Orleans Saints, I’ll be the first to tell you all that it is a full-on dumpster fire in the big easy.
- QB1 retired. Drew Brees retired; QB battle between Taysom “Gadget” Hill and Jameis “30/30 TD/Ints” Winston
- WR1 is hurt. Michael Thomas and management are in a rift about offseason surgery and will likely miss the first six games of the season
- WR3 is most likely to be suspended. All-Pro Deonte Harris was arrested for DUI and will likely be suspended
- TE1 and TE2 are gone. Jared Cook and Josh Hill are playing in new uniforms
- DT1 suspended. David Onyemata was suspended for the first six games of the season after a PED violation
- DT2 and DT3 are gone. Saints let Malcolm Brown and Sheldon Rankins walk this offseason
- CB1 might be suspended. Marshon Lattimore was charged with a fourth-degree felony of receiving a stolen firearm
- CB2 is gone. Janoris Jenkins was let walk in the offseason
The latest drama is the Michael Thomas and Sean Payton dilemma that seems to be boiling over into the media.
#Saints HC Sean Payton says the Michael Thomas surgery should have happened earlier than it did. Clearly disappointed by the whole thing.
Thomas is set to miss the start of the season as he recovers.pic.twitter.com/tp2h9HR6Xu
— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) July 28, 2021
So as a Falcons fan, you can take solace in knowing things aren’t going well with your most hated division rival.