The season starts on Wednesday, and Hawks fans are already getting bad news:
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) December 18, 2020
Let me make a quick note, as a law student I want to remind everyone that this is an innocent until proven guilty society, not the other way around as Twitter would have you think. Is it possible he did it? Yes. Is it possible he did not? Yes. That’s why we have due process… especially with news coming from TMZ.
Rondo signed a 2 year, $15 million deal with the Hawks to help solidify the backup PG spot. There’s a very good chance he would be suspended for a long time if found guilty, but the facts have to come out first. From what I’m reading so far, it seems that this would be a Civil Case instead of a Criminal Trial. For now, we just have to wait and see what happens — there is an alleged video of the incident. We’ll keep you posted with any updates.
Rondo’s attorney has denied the allegations and says the video refutes the story.
In response to TMZ story, Rondo's attorney, Mark D. Baute, says:
"The case is meritless. I have seen the videotape. Mr. Rondo was polite throughout the encounter, the claimant was not wearing a mask and was unstable and rude. We look forward to defending the case and winning."
— Sarah K. Spencer (@sarah_k_spence) December 18, 2020