Who exactly is Vic Beasley? Yes, he was the Falcons first round pick and he was a stud at Clemson. Let’s get to actually know the player that will not just represent the Falcons team, but the organization as a whole.
- Beasley is from Adairsville, GA and went to high school there.
- 6’4” and weighs 246 lbs.
- Was a three-sport athlete in high school (Football, Basketball, and Track).
- Participated in triple jump, 100 meter dash, and high jump when participating in Track and Field.
- A four-star recruit (#19 athlete in 2010). Eventually took his talents to play at Clemson University.
- In his sophomore year at Clemson, he totaled 8 sacks.
- In his junior year at Clemson, he totaled 13 sacks.
- In his senior year at Clemson, he totaled 12 sacks.
- Set the school record for sacks at Clemson.
- ACC Defensive Player of the Year in 2014.
- Grew up a Falcons fan.
- Graduated prior to the 2014 season with a Sociology degree.
His NFL Combine stats are as follows:
- 4.53 second 40-yard dash
- 41 inch vertical jump
- 130 inch broad jump
- 35 reps on bench press
- 6.91 seconds on 3 cone drill
Beasley can come in right away and make a difference to the worst defense in the NFL in 2014. Atlanta has been in dire need of an edge rusher, and they hit a home run with Beasley in my opinion. Beasley can contribute right away as the LEO linebacker in Dan Quinn’s defense. The Falcons defense in 2014 totaled 22 sacks. The Falcons front office was not about to allow that to happen again in 2015. Beasley was the smart and safe pick at the time. Beasley’s game is very similar to players such as Bruce Irvin and Von Miller, who are some of the best edge rushers in the NFL. Quinn has preached “fast and physical” traits to his team, and Beasley is both of those. Don’t believe me? The film does not lie. The power, quickness, and flexibility and plays with is top-tier. If he can transition his playing style from Clemson to Atlanta, then the Falcons can finally say they have a legit edge rusher. Being selected in the top 10 screams talent, but he still has to prove his worth to the team in training camp. He is a freakish athlete who has the potential to become a bonafide superstar in the league.