Bryse Wilson may be the most underrated name in the Braves system, but the Braves are recognizing his talent with his first major league start just weeks after being promoted to AAA. Here is what you need to know about himL
- At just 20 years old, Wilson is the first 2016 Braves draft pick to reach the majors.
- Wilson was only able to be signed due to the under-slot maneuvering of John Coppolella in the 2016 Draft.
- Wilson started the season in A+ball.
- He has a career 2.66 ERA in the minors to go with a 9.6 K/9 rate.
- Wilson only gave up 16 homers in 287.1 innings of work in the minors.
- Wilson had 13 strikeouts and gave up just one hit in 8 innings in his latest outing for Gwinnett.
- Wilson’s best pitch is a fastball that sits from 93-95 mph and has been touching 97 lately.
- His secondary pitches are a slider and changeup.
- Wilson does not have the best “stuff” in the system but knows how to pitch and is a competitor.
- A lot of people projected him as a future bullpen piece, but he has all but shattered that projection.
Good luck Bryse! Braves Country is excited about your major league debut.