The Falcons just wrapped up rookie minicamp with several interesting faces showing up. Obviously, the club got its first glimpse of the rookie class in helmets and shorts, including 8th overall pick Bijan Robinson. They also saw a former second-round pick J.J. Arcega-Whiteside try out.
With offseason training activities right around the corner, Terry Fontenot is still tweaking the roster, with a bevy of roster moves coming on Monday. Here’s the list from the Falcons’ website:
- LB Andre Smith (North Carolina)
- WR Slade Bolden (Alabama)
- DB Natrone Brooks (So. Mississippi)
- DB Clifford Chattman (UTSA)
Here’s a list of cuts announced by the team:
- LB David Anenih (Houston)
- RB B.J. Baylor (Oregon State) *waived/injured
- CB Javelin Guidry (Utah)
- DB Matt Hankins (Iowa)
- WR Ra’Saun Henry (Virginia)
- DB Dylan Mabin (Fordham)
- TE/FB John Raine (Northwestern)
The Falcons will very much continue to tinker with the roster all the way through August and September. The offseason is rapidly approaching, and we will get our first glimpse of Atlanta’s new-look roster. Below are the dates:
- First Day: April 17
- OTA Offseason Workouts: May 23-25, May 31-June 2, June 6-9
- Mandatory Minicamp: June 13-15
The Falcons will have to trim their 90-man roster to just 53 players, and this will be by far the most competitive training camp for several position battles. It will be a treat to watch the front office work because it will be a challenge to pick just 53.
Photographer: David J. Griffin/Icon Sportswire
You must log in to post a comment.