Max Fried wins third consecutive Gold Glove

9532205291096 atl v mia

Max Fried was one of four Braves named a Gold Glove finalist. The club’s ace and shortstop, Dansby Swanson, are the two taking home the award.

It is the third consecutive award for Fried, beating out Los Angeles Dodgers starter Tyler Anderson and Corbin Burnes of the Milwaukee Brewers for the honor. Both managers and coaches vote, with advanced metrics also having a say in the final decision. Managers and coaches account for 75% of the vote, and defensive metrics make up the other 25%.

Per FanGraphs, Burnes logged 4 Defensive Runs Saved (DRS) in 202 innings, which was second to Anderson’s 5 in 178.2 innings. Meanwhile, Fried ranked third in the category with 3 DRS across 185.1 innings.

Fried joins an exclusive list of pitchers to win the award three consecutive times — Harvey Haddix. Bobby Shantz, Bob Gibson, Phil Niekro, Greg Maddux, and Zack Greinke.

Congratulations to Max Fried!

David J. Griffin/Icon Sportswire

Comments

comments

Scroll to Top
%d bloggers like this: