Note: All rankings are relative to the Hawks, considering the fit, need and talent of each player.
1. Monta Ellis- Ellis was tremendous in Dallas and was perhaps Dallas’s most consistent offensive player last season. He has officially opted out of his contract and announced he has interest in Atlanta. While the signing of Tim Hardaway Jr. makes this move unlikely, do not count out the possibility of Ellis in a Hawks uniform next season.
2. Khris Middleton- Has been an under the radar star for the Bucks. He is still only 23 years old and is a restricted free agent this season. He is listed as a shooting guard, but at 6 feet 8 inches, he has the size to move over and play the small forward position. His terrific shooting and defense make him an ideal fit for the Hawks, but Milwaukee will probably open up their wallets and match any offer.
3. Wesley Mathews- Mathews can make three pointers in bunches. Year in and year our Mathews is near the top of the list when it comes to total three pointers made. Mathews is coming off an ACL injury, that he suffered in the midst of a career year. He would be a tremendous add, but once again the trade for Hardaway Jr. significantly lessens the possibility of Mathews being signed.
4. Danny Green- Green has made a nice career in San Antonio. He might be able to get more money outside of San Antonio, but does he really want to leave the organization that made him the player he is today? If so, the Hawks would gladly welcome him to the rotation.
5. Gerald Green- Green is looking for a new home. He is extremely athletic and is a career 37% three point shooter. At 6 feet 8 inches, he is another guy that can move over and play the small forward position if need be. I think Green may end up being the most likely player to be signed on this list.