The Braves begin their quest for their second World Series title in three years tomorrow against the Philadelphia Phillies. However, the good folks over at MLB Trade Rumors have provided us with some offseason content that will be very relevant in about a month.
Braves Estimated Arbitration Salaries (via MLB Trade Rumors)
- A.J. Minter (5.154): $6.5MM
- Max Fried (5.148): $14.4MM
- Yonny Chirinos (5.114): $2MM
- Michael Soroka (5.009): $3MM
- Nick Anderson (4.153): $1.6MM
- Nicky Lopez (4.139): $3.9MM
- Kolby Allard (3.162): $1MM
- Ben Heller (3.102): $900K
- Sam Hilliard (3.094): $1.1MM
- Michael Tonkin (3.074): $1MM
- Kyle Wright (3.062): $1.4MM
- Andrew Velazquez (3.033): $740K
- Huascar Ynoa (3.011): $1MM
MLB Trade rumors is typically spot on with their arbitration estimates, so we can expect the Braves to have about $40 million in decisions to make on some of their own players. There are a few no-brainers, like Max Fried, A.J. Minter, and Kyle Wright, but several of these guys listed are non-tender candidates, which I will discuss following the season.
The most notable name the Braves will have a very difficult decision on is Michael Soroka. He’s scheduled to make $3 million next year and is out of options, so the Braves will have to decide if he’s worth the gamble, being that he must be on the major-league roster.
Photo: Photographer: David J. Griffin/Icon Sportswire